Why: One industry that is beginning to realize the benefits of Skype is Real Estate. Agents are using Skype as a way to build client relationships and sell real estate more quickly and easily! This is a very effective tool, especially when agents are working with out of state clients or clients who live abroad.
- Using Skype allows agents to have face-to-face communication with their clients, minimizing logistical challenges when communicating with people in different time zones.
- Skype allow agents to show properties to buyers who are out of state or out of the country. Agents can send presentations ahead of time allowing the buyers to review the presentation first before going over the details or they can show a property and discuss the details at the same time.
- The video conferencing capability of Skype is very beneficial when agents are working with multiple buyers and sellers who may not live near each other. If a buyer submits a contract on a seller’s property and the seller is out of town, the agent can easily go over the contract details with them face-to-face.
- Skype is a tool that allows not only real-time business to take place, but allows agents to work with a broader range of clientele. When people are looking to buy property in another state or another country,
- Skype provides the ability for agents and clients to communicate face-to-face and it enhances the buyer’s ability to view a property in more detail than a virtual tour seen over the internet. If the agent is showing the property live to a client, the buyer can also ask their questions while they are viewing the property.
Cost: Free and Paid Aspects (see below)
What Skype Does: Allows a realtor to make internet voice or video calls for free and cheap online calls to phones and mobiles with Skype.
- Basic (Free)
- Your Skype account and the latest downloads.
- Video and voice calls to anyone else on Skype.
- Instant messaging and file sharing.
- Paid Aspects
- Calls to mobiles and landlines worldwide at low rates.
- Send text messages from just a few pennies.
- Group video calls with up to 10 people.
Do you use Skype? How can this app make your life a little bit easier?