As many of you know, my name is Karla and I’m responsible for Champions School of Real Estate’s statewide social media and PR initiatives. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see a little taste of what we do! (P.S. We’re also on every other major Social Media network, so just make sure to look for “ChampionsSchool” and you’re likely to find us!
A few students have e-mailed us asking for social media best practices and today I’m going to write a little bit about the importance of a good bio.
Here are some of my best social media bio tips for Real Estate professionals:
- Make sure that you link your website to your profile; not only will that help for SEO reasons, it gives the person who might be looking for services in your area a CTA that may result in more activity from the casual viewer.Make sure that your location is clear, not cutesy. If you live in Dallas, TX, put that – don’t put “On a Plane” or “Selling Homes” or anything like that. If you want people to find you, tell them where you are
- Side note: if you don’t have a website (and you should) share the link to your LinkedIn profile
- You have a limited amount of characters, be smart about how you use them and be sure to include a call to action.
- Highlight the things that set you apart: Do you speak another language? Make it known. Do you hold several designations? Highlight the important ones – depending on the platform, all those extra letters could eat up your character count.
- One thing that is important for real estate professionals to remember is that they have to think about the type of people that may be looking for them, and use keywords/hashtags that they may use in searching.
Here’s are a few good Real Estate Twitter Bio examples:
- #Houston Realtor with over 10 years experience in the #Cypress Area. Looking to buy/sell? Let me help! Call me at 123-456-7890 & visit my website for more info.
- #DFWRealEstate buyer’s agent looking to help YOU find your dream home. Let’s get in touch! ABR Designation. E-mail me at Realtor@gmail.com or call 123-456-7890.
- Questions about #SanAntonioRealEstate? I will help you find the answers you’re looking for. Se habla Español. E-mail Realtor@gmail.com or call 123-456-7890!
At the end of the day you want to let people know WHO you are, WHAT you do, and HOW you do it. A bio should make this clear, but remember that a bio isn’t everything. Make sure that your social media content strategy reflects this and, as people begin to follow you online, they learn that you are an expert in your field. People do business with people they like, know and trust – the same applies to social media.